7:30am The 3yr. old wakes me but I get her a bag of carrots and she's happy.
9:00 More kids need my attention so I get up and get everyone breakfast. The 3yr. old and 5 yr. old head over to Grandpa's house.
9:30 My husband leaves for work. With the help of my 7yr. old, we spray paint his car.
10:00 I wake the baby up, nurse her, take a shower and get dressed.
11:00 My 15yr. old and I head over to our first WWII interview appointment, leaving Grandpa in charge. Our appointment is with a man from our church who's wife I was good friends with before she died. It's nice to visit him and look at old pictures of her. He was a kid in Montana during the war. My older two boys are supposed to read a chapter of "Charlotte's Web" while we're gone. One of them did it.
12:00pm We get home and I feed everyone lunch.
12:30 I read a chapter of Apologia Astronomy to the older 4 boys. We discuss the sun and light.
1:30 I nurse the baby again and get ready to leave with my two oldest to do two more interviews.
2:00 We interview a couple who lived in the UK during the war. He lived in Wales and she lived through London being bombed. They both have a unique perspective to share.
4:00 We get home and have to rush to get everyone back in the van with their swim gear and scout uniforms. We live too far away from the pool and the church and don't have time to drive home between the lessons and the pinewood derby so we will have to eat dinner in the van. I grab some granola bars, a few oranges and apples, and a sleeve ritz crackers.
5:00 Swimming lessons. My 3yr. old leaves her class 5 minutes early. Then when we're walking to the locker room, she gets back in the pool where I can't get to her. I have to send my 5yr. old in to get her because all her older brothers have already gone to the locker room. It takes us about 10 minutes of coaxing, and failing, until I finally get the 5yr. old to pick her up and get her out of the water.
6:00 We drive to a grocery store to buy pop for my 11yr. old's scout meeting. They're having a party.
6:30 We get to the church. My 15yr. old is supposed to go to a Young Women's meeting about summer camp but she's bored and decides to go to a different meeting with one of her friends. My 13yr. old goes to an Eagle Court of Honor. My 11yr. old informs me that the party was cancelled so they too could attend the Court of Honor. The rest of us get ready for a long night at the Pinewood Derby.
8:30 The Pinewood Derby is finally over. My 10yr. old got first place. The 7yr. old and 5yr. old finally get to race their cars after the official race is over. We help clean up, meanwhile the baby starts playing with the pop bottles that didn't get used earlier and one of them springs a leak. We get to clean that up too.
9:30 We are home and everyone is told to go to bed. My 3yr. old throws a fit so I put her to bed first. She has been wearing underwear all afternoon and night and now demands to wear it while she sleeps. I get ready for a wet mess, you know, like take the books and stuffed animals out of her bed, and cross my fingers.
10:00 The rest of the kids are in bed, except my oldest two and the baby (she got a short nap in the van). I nurse the baby again but realize she needs a diaper change. By the time I'm done with that, she's wide awake. I try to get her to settle down with a cup of milk, a slice of bread, and some music. She likes it but she's not going to sleep.
11:30 My husband bakes us some potatoes for dinner. My 15yr. old has gone to bed, but the 13yr. old and baby are still up. He's still working on that Raspberry pi case. The baby finds a dried up chicken nugget that fell under the ottoman. We play puppy tug-of-war with it until I win, then I make her some fresh chicken nuggets.
12:30 The 13yr. old finally goes to bed. Husband, baby and I watch some tv while we finish off Grandpa's birthday cake.
1:30 The baby finally goes down. That nap really screwed up her bedtime. Now it's time for bed for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment